Oh my goodness I had a blast in the craft room playing with Stampin’ Blends + Rubbing Alcohol to create these beautiful handmade card backgrounds!
What do you need to make these? Stampin’ Blends + Rubbing Alcohol. It’s best to choose 3 colors and it’s very important that you use rubbing Alcohol that is 91% or higher (found in your local pharmacy) or else the technique won’t work properly.
It’s also important that you use alcohol based markers (Stampin’ Blends) and NOT Stampin’ Write markers. Water based markers won’t react to the rubbing alcohol.
Let me give you some tips to get started with these cards:
- Use Adhesive sheet for all the intricate die cutting
- Use Tasteful Label Dies for the greeting
1st Card I used:
- Stamp Set: Artistically Inked
- Dies: Artistic
- Other: Silver Foil Specialty Paper
Have you seen the ‘Expressions in Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper? It too has an alcohol ink pattern and it’s beautiful!
I took my Stampin’ Blends + Rubbing Alcohol in Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink & Highland Heather (I found it does work best having 3 colors and using the dark shade blends for each color).
I used Gold & Silver Foils on my die cuts to carry the look of this designer paper.
Stampin’ Blends + Rubbing Alcohol Video Tutorial
If you love learning card making techniques and creating beautiful cards and scrapbook pages then you’ll love combining Stampin’ Blends + Rubbing Alcohol. It is so much fun and it may look messy but it’s really not that messy at all.
If you are reading this in an email, click here to view on the web.
Now That You’ve seen how to combine Stampin’ Blends + alcohol markers I’d love to hear if you’ll try it! what 3 colors would you start with?
I’d love it if you would share this Stampin’ Blends + Rubbing Alcohol technique with your crafting friends!
Card 2 Uses:
- Dies: Gorgeous Leaves Bundle
- Stampin’ Blends: Dark Pumpkin Pie; Dark Old Olive; Dark Soft Suede
Make sure you watch the video for all the tips I offer. The vellum curls a little so use a strong adhesive to secure it the cardstock layer. I love that you can’t see the adhesive through the Stampin’ Blend colors!
Card 3 uses:
- Stamp set: Snowflake Wishes
- Stampin’ Blends: Dark Misty Moonlight, Dar Highland Heather, Dark Balmy Blue
When you use the Stampin’ Blends + rubbing alcohol the ink dries quickly so you can finish your cards right away.
The background when you use Stampin’ Blends + rubbing alcohol–beautiful
- Stampin’ Blends: Dark Polished Pink, Dark Bermuda Bay & Dark Daffodil Delight.
These are all of the Supplies I used on all of my cards todayProduct List
If your order is over $150 do not use the Host Code and enjoy the Host Rewards! I will still send you a Thank You gift for any order over $50.
Simply click on Easy Button Photo below to see all of the supplies listed below and purchase them!
Make sure you check out everything I have to offer:
- Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Request Your Annual Catalog or Current Mini Catalog – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook