Let me show you how to make a layered greeting card that screams spring! This card has elements that give such dimension and beauty.
Please tell me I am not the only one who buys a Stamp Set and forgets about it? As I was looking thru my stamps I came across ‘Lovely is The Day’ stamp set. I pulled it out and felt terrible that no ink had touched it yet! LOL! I’m going to change that today and show you how a layered greeting card can ‘come to life’!
The matching dies are easy to work with and the layers you can create really give any handmade card a WOW factor!
Layered Greeting Card – The Secret to Getting Great Dimension & Beauty!
This layered greeting card is so fun to make and the possibilities are almost endless. Be sure and watch the video tutorial all the way through so that you can catch all of the tips I have to share.
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Which element of this layered greeting card did you find to be the most fun?
As you can see the fern doesn’t cut completely out. I colored the fern with a Sponge Dauber and Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink. I did it very heavily and you will need to mask the Whisper White around it with a Post It Note. To see what I mean check out the video!
Layered Greeting Card 1 Measurements:
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Soft Suede Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – 3 3/4″ x 5″, scraps for flowers
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock – 1″ x 3 3/4″, scraps for leaves
I recommend that you run the dies thru your machine with some scraps of paper to see what everything does! Some images cut completely while others only cut a portion. I share what they do on my video if you find that helpful!
Truly the possibilities are endless with these dies! The fun thing too is that you can combine them with other stamp sets and dies for completely differently looks!!!! Think other Floral/leaves sets you may have in your stash!
Layered Greeting Card 2 Measurements:
- Gray Granite Cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″ and 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 2 1/2″ x 4″ plus scrap for flower
- Crushed Curry Cardstock – 1 1/2″ x 4″ (embossed with Coastal Weave Embossing Folder)
- Vellum – scrap for 1 1/2″ circle punch
You can see by this photo how the flower is die cut with the slits in the flower and leaves!
Layered Greeting Card 3 Measurements
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – 3 3/4″ x 3″ & 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock – 4″ x 3 1/4″, 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
You can Use Scripty 3D Embossing folder on the Whisper White layer. Or any other Embossing folder!
Layered Greeting Card You Can Make. Pin the image below!
Layered Greeting Card Supplies
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on any photo below or head over to https://www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
HOST CODE FOR March is PS4AATNX
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your 2019-2020 Annual Catalog or Occasions Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
What’s New? Check out the updates and specials!