Learn embossing on vellum paper like a pro and make beautiful greeting cards that will be treasured! You’ll love these heat embossing techniques.
The ‘Floating & Fluttering’ stamp set and dies from Stampin’ Up! Is the perfect set for me to create some fun cards using vellum cardstock and some winning embossing techniques. If you’ve never tried embossing on vellum I hope you’ll give It a try!
I hope you love the other ways I shared how to embossing on vellum paper to make lovely greeting cards!
Embossing on vellum paper like a pro | Video Tutorial
Have you ever tried embossing on vellum paper? It’s such a fun card making technique and I love how beautiful you can make these die cuts. Gives us lots of creative card ideas doesn’t it?!
Are you going to try embossing on vellum paper? I’d love to hear your comments below!
embossing on vellum Paper (Dry Embossing)
- Begin with a piece of Stampin’ Up! Vellum Cardstock. It is much thicker than plain vellum and I am only familiar with the thick that Stampin’ Up! currently sells. It is strong enough for the Dry Embossing Vellum Technique
- Carefully stamp your image with Black Memento Ink (this will need help to dry, use your heat tool or emboss with clear emboss powder like I did on the video
- Cut out the Floating and Fluttering Butterflies with the coordinating dies
- In my case I snipped off the greenery but you can leave it
- Flip the die cut image over and use the smaller ball tip of the Take Your Pick Tool stylus attachment to “color” the inside of the stamped image. Note: you are doing this on the back side
- You will notice the vellum changes from translucent to an opaque white when you use the stylus to color
- If you are using a larger image you can also use the larger ball of the stylus attachment
Try coloring the vellum with markers or blends too. Coloring the back side of the vellum with Stampin’ Blends gives you a subtle look. Stampin’ Blends will dry on their own because they are alcohol based.
The image below shows the difference between coloring on the back vs coloring on the top of the Vellum. I think coloring on the top and using clear emboss powder makes it look like stained glass!
To try this 3rd technique color the vellum on top with your Stampin’ Write Markers (water based); add clear embossing powder over top and then use the Heat Tool to set the embossing on vellum paper.
So many ways to play with embossing vellum paper it is easy and fun to do!
I cut another layer of butterflies in basic white cardstock since I was adding my images to designer series paper. Otherwise You could see thru the Vellum and I didn’t really care for that look.
If your order is over $150 do not use the Host Code and enjoy the Host Rewards! I will still send you a Thank You gift for any order over $50.
Simply click on Easy Button Photo below to see all of the supplies listed below and purchase them!
Make sure you check out everything I have to offer:
- Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Request Your Annual Catalog or Current Mini Catalog – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook