What’s better than dog lovers Birthday cards that are handmade and complete with a silver bone? This is a super cute DIY Birthday that you can make in under 5 to 10 minutes.
I have several dog loving friends who have birthdays coming up so I knew the Stampin’ Up! ‘Playful Pets’ designer paper was the best choice. There are coordinating dies for this stamp set and I recommend you purchase the bundle so that you save 10%. For these birthday greeting cards today I used a 2 1/4” circle punch (one of my go-to craft punches, by the way).
And guess what? Like many of you I have lots of dog loving friends so I have not 1, but 2, DIY Birthday cards to share with you.
If you also have cat lovers in your life this ‘pampered pets’ designer paper has sheets full of cats and there is a cat punch you can get too. Lots of handmade birthday card ideas for all of those who have fur babies!
….And, sadly, sometimes we need sympathy cards when people lose their fur babies and these card making ideas work for those too—just change the greeting.
Sara Douglas, CEO of Stampin’ Up! says that the image of this dog was created from her very own dog! How fun is that?!
I used Stampin’ Blends to add shading to the dog.
Stampin’ blends used:
- Smokey Slate Light and Dark
- Basic Black Dark
- Real Red Dark
Note the little bone tied to his collar with the Baker’s Twine from the Playful Pets Collection.
Dog Lovers Birthday Cards | Video Tutorial
If you need birthday cards for the dog lovers in your life this will not disappoint. And even if you aren’t a dog lover this card making idea is easily adaptable for any papers and stamp sets you want to use. Get creative!
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Birthday Card 2:
- Mark 2 3/4″ on the 5 1/4″ side
- Mark 2 1/8″ on the top and bottom of the 4 1/4″ side
- Draw a line to connect the dots with a ruler.
- Cut off the excess paper with scissors.
Do you have a Pet? If so what kind?
I have two dogs – a bossy miniature Dachshund, Stella, and a 100 pound Lab mix, Harley. Guess who’s the boss?! It’s so funny to watch them!
Dog Lovers Birthday Cards to Remember! Pin the image below!
Dog Lovers Birthday Cards Measurements
- Real Red Cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Sentiment layers – Whisper White – 1″ x 2 3/4″, Black or Real Red Mat – 1 1/4″ x 3″
- Designer Series Paper – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ or cut to fit the one that has a triangle front
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on Easy Button Photo below to see all of the supplies listed below or head over to www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
If your order is over $150 do not use the Host Code and enjoy the Host Rewards! I will still send you a Thank You gift for any order over $50.
HOST CODE FOR October is V2T2BFAB
Simply Purchase the items you want or get the entire Playful Pets Suite Collection
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your Annual Catalog or Current Mini Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
What’s New? Check out the updates and specials!