I LOVE giving gifts but those gift bags can be expensive. Let me show you DIY gift bags you can make that are easy and cute
Guess what? There is more than one way to make you homemade gift bags so I’m sharing 2 different options in this tutorial–one uses scrapbook paper, or designer series paper and the other uses only cardstock for the bag.
I made these gift bags this summer for my daughter’s baby shower. It was a great way to carry the theme of her shower with customization.
I promise these are easy to make. I have diagrams below to help you remember where to add the Tear and Tape!
To help you make these gift bags I have a FREE Download for you to print off! I have added the video link to the top of the Tutorial to help you find the video easily. Sure hope that this helps you this Holiday Season!
DIY Gift Bags That Are Adorable & Easy | Video Tutorial
Wondering how to make a gift bag? Perhaps one that matches your handmade greeting card? Let me show you how easy it is to DIY gift bags; it’s a fun paper craft you can even do with your kids!
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Make your gift bag with cardstock and add scrapbook paper or designer paper to the front.
DIY Gift Bag Made with Cardstock: Measurements
- Two pieces of Real Red cardstock – 8 1/2″ x 11″, scored on the 8 1/2″ side at 1 1/2″ and 7″, on the long side score at 2 3/4″
- DSP – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/4″ to cover the front of the bag and two pieces for the handles 1″ x 12″
- For gift tag: DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 2 3/4″
- Whisper White – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
Make your gift bag with two pieces of DSP
DIY Gift Bag Made with Designer Paper/Scrapbook Paper: Measurements
- Two pieces of DSP – 8 1/2″ x 11″, scored on the 8 1/2″ side at 1 1/2″ and 7″, on the long side score at 2 3/4″
- DSP – two strips for handles 1″ x 12″
- For gift tag: Night of Navy – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 2 3/4″
- Cut two Whisper White – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
One piece of cardstock or designer series papers will “fit” inside the other one. The image below is the one that fits inside. Both of these are scored the same, the difference is where you put the adhesive.
Y’all know that ‘Brightly Gleaming’ is one of my favorite papers so I had to make a bag using that! The little gift tag was made with the ‘Christmas is Gleaming’ Stamp set and matching dies.
‘Trimming the Town’ designer series paper made a really cute bag! This could even be used as a Housewarming gift bag this winter! Think other occasions you need a quick DIY gift bag and make one!
Need a gift bag for a friend? Here is a great idea for you!
Which of these bags was YOUR favorite?
Pin this image so the DIY Gift Bag tutorial is always a click away!
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on Easy Button Photo below to see all of the supplies listed below or head over to www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
If your order is over $150 do not use the Host Code and enjoy the Host Rewards! I will still send you a Thank You gift for any order over $50.
December Host Code is BAWQKRMF
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your Annual Catalog or Current Mini Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook