Die Cutting is such a fun way to enhance the design of your greeting cards. Delicate dies can sometimes be a little tricky so I’ve got die-cutting tips that will help you AND a beautiful thank you card to share at the same time!
Today’s handmade thank you card features the Stampin’ Up! ‘Flourishing Phrases’ stamp set that is retiring. If you haven’t grabbed it you better hurry–sales are only while supplies last or until June 2, 2020 (whichever comes first!) But….I also wanted to show you a cool way to use die cuts on your cards.
While I embossed the cutout you could easily just leave it without being embossed and just have tone on tone, popping with any color of ribbon. But since I chose the Gold Metallic Vanilla Ribbon I felt the need to step it up and emboss the flowers and leaves with Gold Emboss. You can see how easily I did this on today’s video!
Die Cutting Tips + A Beautiful Thank You Card | Video Tutorial
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Did you enjoy these die cutting tips? Would you heat emboss your die cuts or leave them plain? Let me know!
Die Cutting Tips: Did you know you can heat emboss those die cuts?! How ’bout that!!
I have always felt that die cuts and embossing add elegance to handmade cards! Adding the ‘Flourishing Phrases’ which has great sentiments is the icing on the cake.
Die Cutting Tips & Measurements for This Card:
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 3/4″ x 4″
Die Cutting & Card Instructions:
- Tap the Versamark on the front of the flowers and leaves, pour Gold Emboss Powder over and heat set.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy over the Very Vanilla Strip 3/4″ x 4″, stamp the sentiment the Versamark Ink pad, pour Gold Emboss Powder over and heat set.
- To put the cut out on the card pull out your Silicone Mat (you do have one right??) and Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Apply the Liquid Glue to the back of the flowers/leaves with a quarter of a Stampin’ Sponge.
- Add to bottom of card with Dimensionals. Tie a bow with the ribbon and add to card front with a mini glue dot or two.
Want to remember die-cutting tips and this beautiful thank you card? Pin the image below!
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on any photo below or head over to https://www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
HOST CODE FOR May is 7WHTMFWN
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your 2019-2020 Annual Catalog or Occasions Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
What’s New? Check out the updates and specials!