It’s a special day! I’m going to teach you a card making technique: spotlight! I think this is the best spotlight card this year. I know y’all love learning card making techniques too!
I was inspired to create this handmade card from a card I received from my friend Christine who is also on my team! I loved her version and I know you’ll love learning this card making technique.
I had already designed my card for another Mystery Stamping when I got her card in the mail. I may use her card as a Mystery Stamping project in the future! I know I have mentioned Mystery Stamping several times lately. I have been inspired by giving clues every Monday on my Facebook Sharon Armstrong page. You should join us! If you will “like” and follow my page when I go Live you will be notified by Facebook when I’m live.
I post the first clue every Sunday so that you can gather your supplies. Then join me Live on Monday at Noon Central where I will give you the rest of the clues to make your card! It’s super fun and you just use the supplies you have in your craft room!
Celebrating Sunflowers (#152517) includes a large image which is perfect for this card making technique. This is what we call the spotlight technique. You will want an image that will work on both of the Whisper White layers. Key tip is to stamp your sentiment first so you know where to stamp your focal image.
Card Making Technique: Spotlight Video Tutorial
In spotlight stamping you highlight only a portion of a stamped image. It’s so easy and really packs a WOW on your handmade cards!
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Have you tried this card making technique: spotlight before? Did I inspire you to try it this week? What stamp do you want to try this technique with? Let me know! I love hearing your thoughts and card design ideas!
My first card was done with:
- Daffodil Delight (#154883) and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends (#154906)
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock (#119683)
- Basic Black Cardstock (#121045)
- Whisper White (#100730)
- For my card base I prefer Whisper White Thick Cardstock (#140272)
Looks like a “Normal Sunflower” doesn’t it!!!
Here is my blue one again up close. Look at how Christine’s card inspired me to make a blue Sunflower!
The above card uses:
- Night of Navy Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends (duo #)
- Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends (duo #) but I only used the Dark one on my card.
- I just got them and had to play with them on my cards!
Such a lovely Thank You card! I was very touched to receive it. That’s how people feel when you send them a handmade card! Never forget that! And just like how I am putting my card up on display to admire every time I see it that is what your friends and family do when they get your handmade art work!
Want to remember this card making technique: spotlight? Pin the image below!
Card Making Technique: Spotlight Measurements
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- Night of Navy Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Regular Whisper White Cardstock – 3 3/4″ x 5″ and 2 1/2″ x 4″
If you would like a download for the measurements and instructions CLICK HERE
Card Making Technique: Spotlight Supplies
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on any photo below or head over to https://www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
HOST CODE FOR July is P3KUC3MV
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your 2019-2020 Annual Catalog or Occasions Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook