I am bringing back Black Ice Technique Christmas Cards! Super fun way to make gorgeous Christmas cards!!
The unique black ice paper crafting technique has been around for awhile and I love it…I’m addicted! Super fun and easy. On my video below I share some tips to help you.
Using Copper Foil, Gold Foil or Silver Foil sheets from Stampin’ Up! you can create the same greeting card with three totally different looks due to the foil used.
I love my Copper Foil and was thrilled that Stampin’ Up! brought it back in the Holiday Mini Catalog that started August 4, 2020! However, the Copper Emboss Powder did not return, this was a card I had made previously when we did carry it.
Watch my video for tips and tricks making this card!
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Silver Foil – really does look like Black Ice on the roads in Texas especially in the Dallas area. You just don’t want to be out driving on Black Ice!
While I am not a huge fan of Gold I thought the Black Ice Technique looked stunning on Gold Foil!
How to create Black Ice
- Stamp tree on left side of chosen foil paper with StazOn ink. Make sure it is completely dry (use a heat tool to dry)
- Flip foil layer over and add a small bit of Snail, rub the snail on your clothes to removes some stickiness
- Place the foil layer on a large piece of paper and drag the StazOn down the foil layer until you have completely finished the foil layer
- Make sure the StazOn is completely dry, use heat tool
- Next drag the Versamark ink pad across the layer as I did on the video
- Pour clear emboss powder over Versmarked foil and heat set
- Once cooled adhere foil layer to the card base with Snail on all sides, since there is so much embossing on the card you don’t want it to lift off
- Stamp sentiment using Versarmark ink on either Whisper White or Very Vanilla scrap, cut out with Framelits
- Pour clear emboss powder over sentiment and heat set
- Adhere the sentiment layer to the Basic Black layer with Snail, add both layers to the right side of the card with Dimensionals
Have you tried the Black Ice Technique yet? If not I sure hope you do!
Want to remember this fun Card? Pin the image below!
Black Ice Technique Christmas Card Measurements:
- Card base either Whisper White or Very Vanilla – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Copper, Gold or Silver Foil – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scrap of Whisper White or Very Vanilla to coordinate with your card base – to cut out sentiment layer using the Frosted Bouquet Framelits
- Scrap of Basic Black – to layer your sentiment layer on also cut out using the Frosted Bouquet Framelits
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on photo below or head over to www.stampinup.com
The link will take you to my store and includes the Host Code for August. If your order is over $150 remove the Host Code and enjoy the Host Rewards! I will still send you a Thank You gift for any order over $150.
HOST CODE FOR August is DGNAFUWX
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your 2019-2020 Annual Catalog or Occasions Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
What’s New? Check out the updates and specials!