Have you ever made Sunburst cards? I’ve got 2 options for how you make or display these greeting cards. Give this a try; it’s easy!
Sunburst cards or Reverse Sunburst cards—that is the question! I love when I can show you 2 for 1 ideas and today I am sharing the 2 sunburst cards I made. I love both but greeting cards but I’m drawn to the version where the Sunbursts go down instead of up!
I would love to hear which Sunburst Card you prefer!
Both cards are pretty and quick to make as you will see in the video. I used the ‘Brightly Gleaming’ specialty designer series paper and I want you to know it’s not in either of our current catalogs but it is available in my store. This paper is striking with the copper foil accents! I used Cinnamon Cider and Pretty Peacock inks to stamp the sentiments on this sunburst card.
Sunburst Card Measurements:
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Layer for DSP – Very Vanilla Thick – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper – (4) 1 1/2″ x 6″, cut into Triangles using Paper Trimmer
Sunburst Card Video Tutorial:
Watch my video for tips and tricks making this card!
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Typically what you see as a Starburst Technique.
You will want to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to add the triangles of Designer Series Papers. It allows you to slide the strips so that there isn’t any cardstock showing through. I used Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock for my 3 3/4″ x5″ layer that I adhered my DSP strips to. While I added my liquid glue to my Very Vanilla layer I highly recommend a Silicone Mat to protect your work surface from the glue!
Which sunburst card do you prefer?
Want to remember this fun Card? Pin the image below!
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on the photo below or head over to www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
The link will take you to my store. If your order is over $150 do not use the Host Code. Enjoy the Host rewards instead! I will still send you a Thank You gift for any order over $50.
HOST CODE FOR August is DGN4FUWX
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your Annual Catalog or Current Mini Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
What’s New? Check out the updates and specials!