Ready for a sepia card making tutorial? It’s the how-to guide not to miss! This card making technique will have your creative self having a party!
Oh my goodness, such a fun way to use aqua painters, ink refills, chalk markers, and rubber Stamps! You get some super creative handmade cards with this tool and technique!
When I first saw this I thought I HAD to make a sepia card making tutorial to share with y’all. The sample I saw, the card maker used watercolor paper. I tried that (you will see my hot mess lower on today’s post) I had better luck using Shimmery White Cardstock.
Sepia in photography may be familiar to you (unless you are too young to know this term! LOL). There was a time when pictures were printed in Sepia rather than Black & White, or color. These types of pictures date back to the late 1800’s and actually helped preserve the photographs!
Every time I make one of these sepia cards they look different! Which is why I loved this technique so much!
Sepia Card Making Tutorial : The How-To Guide
Get your creative juices flowing and learn how to make gorgeous cards with this sepia card making tutorial! I’ve got loads of tips and tricks and even what not to do when making this type of card.
If you are viewing this in an email you may not see the video link
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Have you tried this sepia technique before? Did I inspire you to try it again or for the first time?
Steps to create the Sepia background:
- Spritz the 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ Shimmer White cardstock with water
- Put a few drops of Soft Suede ink refills on a clear block, squeeze a little water into the ink from your Aqua Painter
- Brush the ink all over the wet cardstock
- Allow the cardstock to dry completely
- Stamp the flowers with StazOn since you will be doing more watercoloring on your artwork
- Use the ink from your block to color the stems and leaves
- Next add color to the flower in the centers.
- Clean your Aqua Painter on a paper towel
- Squeeze a little water and blend the ink on your flowers to the tips
- Allow to dry
- Use Tasteful Textures and stamp the line images with StazOn in different places
- Stamp the Sentiments with StazOn in different areas
- Rub Embossing Buddy all over the cardstock layer (make sure everything is dry before you do this step)
- Ink up decorative stamp from Tasteful Textures with Versamark Ink
- Pour White Emboss Powder over stamped images, heat set
- Use Chalk Markers to add white spots on your flowers
- Ink up a 1/4 Stampin’ Sponge and sponge Soft Suede all around the edges
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the Shimmery White cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic Black Cardstock
- Add the layers to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Whisper White Thick Cardstock with Snail
Want to remember this fun Card? Pin the image below!
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Shimmery White Cardstock – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
I promised to share with y’all what my projects looked like when I tried to use Bleach to add the white highlights! Y’all know I call myself the queen of boo-boos but I actually need a new title because I do work with something until I fix it. Just hate to throw away anything. However, these two will be tossed!
Both of these were cut from the same sheet of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper yet when I added the bleach it didn’t turn white it turned yellow. And on the card below it turned blue! I then tested the Chalk Markers from Stampin’ Up! and was happier! Plus, no smelly bleach fumes!
Since I added the bleach with Aqua Painters I also felt like I didn’t have as much control. As you can see some of the bleach went outside the lines. Using the Chalk Marker gave me more control.
Certainly hope you will try this fun technique and when you do let me know! Comment below!
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on any photo below or head over to https://www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
HOST CODE FOR April is CGJEC2TD
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your 2019-2020 Annual Catalog or Occasions Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
What’s New? Check out the updates and specials!