I’ve got a breathtaking background technique for your handmade cards! The first is a marbled backgrounds technique using shaving cream and the second handmade card uses a background stamp called marbled.
Breathtaking Background Technique for Your Handmade Cards
Bringing a throwback to you today! Breathtaking background techniques for your handmade cards are always a favorite of mine! Some stampers like to use the marbled background stamp while others (like me!) like to get our hands messy with shaving cream. The beauty is you could do either one and still get a gorgeous background!
You can watch my video here!
If you are receiving this via email the video may not show up.
Breathtaking Background Technique Supplies:
- Marbled Background Stamp
- Floral Phrases Stamp Set
- Pacific Point Cardstock
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Pacific Point Ink and Re-Inker
- Lemon Lime Twist Ink and Re-inker
Breathtaking Background Technique Instructions:
- Both Lemon Lime Twist and Pacific Point Card Bases – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White card layer for both cards – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White – 2″ x 4″
- Pacific Point – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Lemon Lime Twist – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- For the Stamped card with Marbled Background Stamp ink up the stamp with Lemon Lime Twist ink pad
- Gently swipe Pacific Point ink over the stamp in several places.
- Stamp on Whisper White Layer as shown on the video – upside down stamping!
For the shaving cream card you need to watch the video. You will want to use foam shaving cream and not the gel kind! All dimensions are the same for both cards!
Shaving cream not only makes your cards smell good they give beautiful backgrounds!
Which breathtaking background technique is YOUR favorite–the shaving cream background or the marbled stamp? Let me know in the comments below!
Let’s Chat Y’all
There is just so much going on right now with Stampin’ Up! and I know it’s hard to remember it all! Heck, I have trouble remembering!
Using this area of my post to remind you of everything!
If you enjoyed today’s post
Make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
· Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
· Receive my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
· Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
· Request Your 2018-2019 Annual Catalog or Occasions Catalog – CLICK HERE
· Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
· Follow me on Pinterest
· Follow me on Facebook
Would You Like a Stampin’ Up! Catalog?
If you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator that you work with, I would love to earn your business and become YOUR demonstrator. CLICK HERE to request a FREE Copy of any current catalog.
Need anything to make this card?
Simply click on any photo below or head over to www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net