I’ve got a Rugged Happy Birthday card for guys made in a flash today. I think you’re going to like this card a lot! So many of you struggle with masculine cards. I get it!! I struggle too. There are so many “pretty” things for women but it is sometimes tough to come up with birthday card design ideas for guys.Today’s project shows easy DIY Birthday cards that you can make quickly!
Only a few supplies needed
- Basic Black Cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″, scrap for sentiment layer
- Very Vanilla 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper 4″ x 5 1/4″, different color DSP for sentiment layer
- Black ink such as StazOn or Memento Black
- Layering Squares Framelit Dies
- Big Shot
I chose to use Stampin’ Up! Picture Perfect Birthday Photopolymer Stamp Set which has a lot of fun images for Birthdays
Let’s Make this Card
- Add the 4″ x 5 1/4″ DSP layer to the Basic Black card base with Snail
- Use the Layering Squares Framelits to cut out the DSP scrap to fit your Sentiment Layer. It may help you to stamp the sentiment first then cut out with the framelits.
- Cut out the layer using the Basic Black scrap and next size up Scalloped Square Framelit
- Adhere the two layers together with Snail
- Place four dimensionals on the back of the layers and add to the card front
- For the inside of the card attach the Very Vanilla 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer with Snail
Rugged Happy Birthday Card for Guys Made in a Flash Video Tutorial:
Note How I changed the Birthday card on my video
On my video I changed this birthday card up a bit. I’ve missed using Copper Embossing Powder so I used that on the video. I’d love to hear which one you like better. I personally think Copper goes for a Masculine Card!
If you want to use Copper you will need to use an Embossing Buddy before you emboss. Use a Versamark Ink Pad to stamp your sentiment. Pour Copper Embossing Powder over and Heat Set. You can stamp on the DSP layer or a layer of Very Vanilla like I did.
Guess what today is?
Today is my birthday! I should have made a card for today’s blog post for me! LOL! I’m looking forward to enjoying a lunch date with some dear friends at my favorite Italian Restaurant!
Need any cardmaking, scrapbooking, or paper crafting supplies?
You can shop on my website by clicking any photo below or head over to www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net