Easy Handmade Card with Bookmark Accent is the step by step tutorial I’m bringing you today.
What a perfect gift for those who love to read books like I do! I am always using bookmarks and decided I would make a pretty one for myself. Then another thought hit me…let me make a Handmade card with a Bookmark Accent and share it with you!
Frosted Florals Specialty Designer Series Paper was the perfect paper for this card! Since I have a friend in mind to send this handmade card to I didn’t use the Sentiments from the First Frost Stamp set but I had to use those flowers and leaves that are part of the bundle!
Purchase the bundle and save 10% because this set truly is versatile! I totally recommend the Frosted Florals Specialty designer series paper too! It has a gorgeous shimmer and I love to touch it!
Easy Handmade Card with Bookmark Accent Video:
First Frost Wood-Mount Bundle Item #149942 Price: $56.50
First Frost Clear-Mount Bundle Item #149943 Price: $49.50
Frosted Floral 12″ X 12″ Specialty Designer Series Paper . Item #147800 Price: $14.00
Measurements for Easy Bookmark Card
- Pear Pizazz Cardstock for the card base measures 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Layer is also Pear Pizazz cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White – 2″ x 4 3/4″
- DSP – 1 3/4″ x 4 3/4″
- Both are punched on the top with Scalloped Tag Topper Punch Item#133324
- Adhere both together with Snail
- Tie Pear Pizzazz 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon thru top (see video)
- Stamp large flower on Whisper White scrap with Blackberry Bliss, fussy cut out with snips
- Cut one leaf from Framelits with Pear Pizazz scrap, adhere to back of flower and add to bookmark on left side (a little off the bookmark)
- Using Blackberry Bliss pattern from DSP cut a 1″ x 10″ strip, wrap around Embossed Pear Pizzazz layer as tight as you can, adhere to back of card
- Stamp sentiment on 3/4″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White, add to belly band with Snail
- Stamp small flower with Blackberry Bliss and stamp off to give a lighter color, fussy cut with snips and add to sentiment layer on right side
Personally, I think that once the Bookmark is removed the card itself is really pretty! The Climbing Vine Textured Embossing Folder was the perfect folder for this card!
Climbing Vine Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Item #147187 Price: $8.50
When adding any embossed layer to a card I prefer to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue, it just gets into all those embossed areas and prevents the card from falling apart!
Dragonfly Dreams had all of the sentiments that I wanted for my card. Pear Pizzazz Ink was used to stamp the cluster of leaves on the Whisper White 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer. Blackberry Bliss ink was used to stamp the sentiment and flower. I fussy cut the flower out with my snips and added it to the inside with Snail.
What do you think of today’s card? Let me know in the comments below; I love hearing from you! Are you looking for other cardmaking design ideas? Click here to browse for loads of ideas!
Being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator makes me happy! I love sharing projects and teaching you how to use them. If you are an avid Stampin’ Up! purchaser did you know that you can get 20% off every time you place an order? It’s like a coupon at checkout every time! Best part is you don’t have to keep up with any coupons! I sure would love to chat with you more about what it means to save money, simply hit the Contact Me button above and ask your questions, you can include your telephone number so we can really “chat”!
Easy Shopping Links
Simply click any photo to start shopping or visit my online store at www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net