July when I was going on the Alaska cruise two of my friends had achieved high honors with Stampin’ Up! We wanted to get them a gift and you can’t give a store bought bag so I made them! DIY Gift Bag Tutorial Using Scrapbook Paper is super easy and can be adjusted to any size gift.
Using any DSP you can make a bag for any occasion such as Birthday, Christmas, Thank You or whatever gift giving reason you have.
Enjoy my video! DIY Gift Bag Tutorial Using Scrapbook Paper:
Below the video are all of the measurements and supplies used for the bag on the video.
To decorate the gift tag I simply cut out pieces of Soft Sea Foam, Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake and Balmy Breeze using the Framelits from Under the Sea Framelits. A better value than just purchasing the Framelits is to save 10% and get the Sea of Textures Wood Mount or Clear Mount that includes the stamp set and Framelits.
Measurements and Assembly of DIY Gift Bag Tutorial Using Scrapbook Paper
- Cut Tranquil Textures DSP to measure 8 1/2″ x 11″ (or you can use cardstock)
- Score on 11″ side at 1 1/2″
- Turn the DSP and score at 2 3/4″ (for the bottom)
- Rotate the DSP and score again at 1 1/2″
- Snip on the score lines up from the bottom (see video) to 2 3/4″ score line
- Fold on score lines
- Add Tear & Tape to flaps and tuck them inside of bottom panel
- On the second piece of DSP you will add Tear & Tape on the sides, flaps and bottom (see how on video)
- Adhere the two bag pieces together
- Using the 3 1/2″ leftover DSP cut two strips that measure 3/4″ x 12″ for the handles
- Then cut gift tag from remaining 3 1/2″ DSP to measure 3 1/2″ x 7″, score at 3 1/2″
- Attach the cutout sea plants to the front of the gift tag with Tear & Tape
- Punch a hole in top left of gift tag and add white bakers twine to form a loop
- Using White Ribbon wrap around handle and tie once, then add the gift tag loop and finish off with a bow.
- Sometimes writing the instructions seems good to me but I truly feel the video clears up any questions you may have.
You will have fun making these bags for all your gift giving this holiday season!
VIP Coupon Cards
Stamping Friends are already loving my new program that I started in October! For every $50 you spend I send you a Hand-Stamped card for you to use plus a Coupon Card that is good for one year! Collect them or redeem as you want to. You will return the cards back to me when you are ready to redeem them!
Easy Shopping Links below
Simply click on any photo and head to my online store to make a purchase or visit www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
Looking for card making ideas? Click here and browse!
I love hearing from you! Did you enjoy today’s gift bag tutorial? Which designer paper do you want to use to make your bag? Let me know in the comments!