Today I’m sharing a card design idea and showing you how to make a sympathy card in minutes. This card can easily be adapted for other situations and occasions. Use the design and layout, change the sentiment, and create it as a thinking of you, get well, anniversary, or a ‘just because’ card!
Recently I needed to make a Sympathy Card and realized I didn’t have any because they are not my favorite type of card to make. It’s so hard to pick the colors and know what to say on those cards. I wanted some cheery colors like Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green.
The “Sending our thoughts and prayers” sentiment comes from the Wishing You Well Stamp Set that is available in Wood Mount or Clear Mount.
When you watch my video you will see what my inspiration was for this card and how I created it. While I do not like that I had a need to make a sympathy card I was pleased with this card design and the colors I chose.
Let’s Make this card!
- Color the Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon with a Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker, set aside to completely dry.
- Run the Melon Mambo 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer thru Big Shot using the Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder
- Add that layer to the Melon Mambo Card Base layer that measures 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″ with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stamp the Leaves bundle with Granny Apple Green Ink, the flowers and bow with Melon Mambo Ink on Whisper White cardstock.
- Use the Layering Ovals Framelits to cut out the Whisper White stamped image
- Choose the Scalloped Framelits that match your oval Framelit and cut Granny Apple Green cardstock, adhere the two layers with Snail
- Attach scalloped layers to the top of the card front with Dimensionals
- Stamp “Sending you our Thoughts and Prayers” towards right side of the Whisper White 1/2″ x 4″ using Granny Apple Green Ink
- Apply Snail adhesive to the back of the strip and tie a bow with the colored ribbon on the left side of the sentiment.
- Cut the Granny Apple Green strip 3/4″ x 4″ and attach the Whisper White Sentiment layer to the Granny Apple Green, then add both layers to bottom of card with Dimensionals
Make a Sympathy Card in Minutes Video Tutorial:
There are tips in this video tutorial for coloring the ribbon and how to get those Clear Mount stamps to stick to the blocks!
Easy Shopping Buttons for you
Simply click any image below and visit my Online Store to pick up what you need
Or got to www.sharonarmstrong.stampinup.net
Use Host Code for September KAJGNBEB
Looking for other card making ideas? Click here and browse!
I love reading your comments and thoughts! Do you struggle with card design ideas for sympathy or thinking of you cards? Have you tried this tufted embossing folder yet?