Shaving Cream Technique is a fun technique and perfect when using Glossy Card Stock from Stampin’ Up! See how pretty it is as the background of the Ribbon of Courage stamp?
I have several friends battling Breast Cancer right now and with October coming up so many who will be celebrate being a survivor!
Like myself! I am a 15 year survivor myself! Every day I am grateful that I am cancer free. When I got the call from the doctor’s office to come in to discuss the results I knew what that meant. I still had young children and didn’t want to die. My husband was out of work and we did not have insurance. With Faith and Hope we found agencies to help with my treatments!
Here is a quick video I did with this Technique
Shaving Cream Technique Supplies:
· STAMPS – Ribbon of Courage Bundle
· PAPER – Melon Mambo, Glossy, Whisper White, Whisper White Thick
· INK – Melon Mambo & Ink Refill
· OTHER – Shaving Cream (foam kind), Whisper White 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon, Pretty Label Punch, Dimensionals, Snail
Cutting and Scoring
· Whisper White Thick – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
· Melon Mambo – 4” x 5 ½”
· Melon Mambo – 2 ½” x 3 ½”
· Glossy White – 3 ¾” x 5”
· Whisper White – 2 ¼” x 3 ¼”, scrap for ribbon & punch
1. Stamp Ribbon with Melon Mambo ink on Vellum, cut out with matching Framelit, cut out another ribbon with Melon Mambo CS and add Vellum ribbon to Melon Mambo Ribbon
2. Adhere Ribbon to Whisper White layer with snail
3. Add the Ribbon/White layer to Melon Mambo layer with Snail
4. Stamp sentiment on Whisper White scrap, punch out with Pretty Label Punch
5. Put some Foam Shaving Cream on a paper plate (a good amount)
6. Use Ink Refill and put several drops on the Shaving Cream
7. Use a plastic knife and swirl the ink drops around in the shaving cream
8. Use the knife to apply the shaving cream to the Glossy White card stock
9. Let the Shaving Cream sit on the card stock a few minutes, then scrap it off with your plastic knife
10. Wipe off any residue with a paper towel
11. Adhere the glossy white layer to the Melon Mambo layer with Snail
12. Wrap two strips of ribbon around the Glossy White/Melon Mambo layer, attach on back with Snail
13. Adhere the layers to the Whisper White Thick card base with Snail
14. Add the Ribbon layers with Dimensionals
15. Add Sentiment layer to card front with Dimensionals
Don’t Forget About my Big Announcement on Friday!
Everyone who is on my Newsletter List will get the scoop on August 25th so if you are not on my email list you need to sign up before August 25th! You can sign up here from my blog. Make sure that you check your email to confirm your subscription!