Ribbon of Courage Breast Cancer card for several friends who have recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I had Breast Cancer 14 years ago. Stage Two. No Insurance. Still raising small children. Husband out of work. 90 year old Mother in Law living with us. I know the fears, the surgeries, the chemo and other treatments. I was blessed that an organization in Dallas, TX accepted me into their program. The Bridge Breast Network helped me during a very difficult time by providing me treatment until I was cancer free. I never knew such an organization existed! Thank Goodness there are other resources beside insurance.
For several years my family and I would walk in the Susan G. Komen races. Not only was that a wonderful thing for my family but it truly made me feel blessed to be a survivor of this horrible disease.
Here is a photo of my card up-close. You can see the beauty that the Copper embossing and foil paper brings to this card!
All images © Stampin’ Up!®
Ribbon of Courage Breast Cancer Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
STAMPS – Ribbon of Courage Wood Bundle (145342), Ribbon of Courage Clear Bundle (145342)
PAPER – Powder Pink (144244), Whisper White (100730), Vellum (101856), Copper Foil (142020)
· INK – Versamark (102283), Melon Mambo Marker (131259 Brights)
· OTHER – Big Shot (143263), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder (141636), Multipurpose Glue (110755). Heat Tool (129053), Embossing Buddy (103083), Silicone Mat (127853), Stampin’ Sponges (141337)
Cutting & Scoring:
· Powder Pink – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
· Whisper White – 2 ½” x 3 ¾“
· Copper Foil – 2 ¾“ x 4”
· Vellum – scrap for ribbon
Ribbon of Courage Breast Cancer Instructions:
· Rub Embossing Buddy all over Vellum Scrap
· Stamp Ribbon on Vellum with Versamark Ink
· Pour Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder over stamped image, Heat set
· Cut Ribbon out with Ribbon Framelit
· Turn Ribbon over and color entire back with Melon Mambo Marker (careful it stays wet)
· Put a little bit of Multipurpose Glue on the silicone mat
· Take a sponge and dab into the glue
· Lightly sponge the glue on the back of the Vellum Ribbon
· Adhere the Ribbon to the Whisper White layer (careful it may slip, hold onto it as you tap it down)
· Attach the Whisper White layer to the Copper Foil layer with Multipurpose Glue
· Rub Embossing Buddy on the bottom of the Powder Pink Card base
· Stamp Sending Love…with Versamark Ink
· Pour Copper Embossing Powder over and heat set
· Add the Ribbon layers to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals
I plan on making several more of these cards because sadly so many are affected by Breast Cancer.
I am happy that I am one of the Survivors! I pray everyone can beat their cancers!